Stew made using chicken, beef and pork was served at the weddings some three decades back long before the buffet meals came into the picture. The pork, beef and chicken stew was served in a quarter plate with a triangular slice of bread, neatly trimmed and it was oh, so tasty. This tasty stew of three meats is not seen very often today and even if it is, might not bring back the memories of the stew of old.
|Delicious Stew of Pork, Beef and Chicken|
¼ kg boneless pork
¼ kg boneless beef
¼ kg boneless chicken5 carrots2 potatoes
15 round beans
1/2 cup green peas
2 big onions, chopped
8 pepper corns
4" piece of cinnamon
1/2 glass milk
1 level tbspn corn flour
2 green chillies, slit
salt to taste
3 tspns ginger garlic paste
3 tspns salt or as per taste
6-8 tbspns of tomato ketchup
1 cup macaroni
- Cut each of the three meats into one inch pieces and apply salt and ginger garlic paste keeping them separate.
- Fry the onions in a pressure cooker, add cloves, cinnamon and pepper corns. Add a little water if required.
- Add pork and cook till done.
- Take out the pork, add beef and cook till done.
- Take out the beef, add chicken and pressurize for 5 mins. after the whistle on simmer.
- Dice the carrots, potatoes and capsicum.
- Put all the cooked meats and the above vegetables along with the green peas in a vessel with the gravy if any.
- In the milk, add the cornflour, stir and add to the mixture.
- Add another glass of water, the green chillies and tomato ketchup or as per your taste.
- If you would like some extra gravy you could add some chicken stock.
- Stir occasionally and cook with lid on until vegetables are done.
- Boil a cup of macaroni (for 6 to 8 mins in pressure cooker on simmer after whistle) and add to the above.
- Your stew is ready to be served. Bon appetit!!
|Chicken, Beef and Pork stew|