Potato chops with beef mince are an all-time favourite with kids and adults alike.They go well as a snack for school tiffin too or even as a side dish.
¼ kg cooked beef mince
mashed potato (of about 6 medium potatoes)
4 onions, chopped fine
Semolina (rawa) for coating (optional)
oil for frying the onion and the chops
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick vessel and fry the onion.
|Fry the onion with a little oil|
- Add the cooked beef mince and stir for some time. Put off flame and keep aside to cool.
|Add the cooked mince|
- Make balls of the mashed potato.
|Shape the mashed potato into balls|
- Make balls of the mince once it has cooled.
|Shape the cooked mince into balls|
- Take a ball of potato mash and flatten it in the palm of your hand in a cup shape.
|Shaping the potato chops|
- Place a ball of mince in it.
- Bring together the potato mash all around the mince ball so as to cover it completely.
- Flatten the chop a bit.
- Dip in beaten egg.
- Coat with semolina if you so wish.
- Shallow fry on a griddle on both sides till golden brown.
|Frying the potato chops|
- Serve with tomato ketchup or a salad.
|How to make Potato chops with beef mince|
|Potato chops served with tomato ketchup|