Beef patties are a great snack to try and make at home. I got this recipe for beef patties from my SIL's sister who attended some course in baking.
1 cup cooked beef mince
For the PUFF PASTRY:
All-purpose flour (maida) – 220 gms
Puff fat – 115 gms – for folding
Shortening (ghee) – 20 gms – for mixing
Salt to taste
Chilled water to knead the dough
- Make a dough with the flour, salt and chilled water, knead in 20 gms shortening and clear the dough.
- Relax the dough in a cool place for ½ an hour covering with a wet cloth.
- Sheet the dough in a rectangular shape.
- Spread 115 gms fat evenly on the dough sheet.
- Cut the sheet vertically in 7 or 8 strips in such a manner that each subsequent strip is broader than the preceding strip.
- Roll the first strip like a swiss roll.
- Keep this roll on the next strip and roll.
- Similarly, roll all the subsequent strips.
- Relax the folded dough for ½ hr. covered with a moist cloth in a cool place.
- Sheet the dough and cut into squares/rectangles.
- Put the beef mince filling and fold it, pressing lightly.
|How to make beef patties|
- Dust a baking tray lightly with flour .
- Keep the beef puffs on the tray and apply beaten egg on top of the puffs.
- Bake at 220°C till golden brown.