Beef Tongue Roast is a delicacy; very easy to prepare and oh so tasty! You will not be disappointed... I promise!
|Beef tongue roast|
1 kg beef tongue, cleaned
20 pepper corns
3 2" cinnamon sticks
4 red Kashmiri chillies
1.5 lemon juice
4 tspns ginger-garlic paste
2 tspns salt or as per taste
1 tbspn oil
- With a small knife, poke the beef tongue so that the marinade will get in.
- Apply the salt, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the oil and allow to marinate for about 10 hours.
- In a pressure cooker, put the oil and add the tongue with the marinade.
- Pressure cook for 40 minutes on simmer after the whistle. You will find a lot of fat.
- Refrigerate overnight or for as many hours as required for the fat to solidify. Refrigeration also makes the tongue temporarily hard so that it is easier to cut into fine slices.
- Get rid of the solidified fat so that you eat healthy.
- Cut the beef tongue roast into fine slices and put it into the gravy and heat it all together. If you have a lot of gravy, you could evaporate it some before adding the tongue.
- Bon appetit!